Transport Finance Analyst (Transport Controller)
Global world leader in supply chain and transport services
Business partnering role - directly influence decision making
About Our Client
Our client is a global supply chain & transport operator that is consistently recognized as a leader in the industry. With a strong presence in Australia and New Zealand, the business has had a long history of partnering with some of the country's top businesses across multiple industries. Ongoing growth and expansion has resulted in several new roles - all commercially focused to help them stay on top of their game.
We are currently seeking a transport finance analyst to analyse, identify and implement improvements with their supply chain & transport operation. Working closely to the CFO and the Head of Transport, you will focus on areas such as fuel & labour costing, P&L insights, vehicle & route efficiencies as well as implementing improved reporting processes. Some example responsibilities are:
- Assist key stakeholders in interpreting and understanding monthly performance and explain variances.
- Review costs trends and produce related forecast, as well as identify opportunities to reduce costs. Review external contracts against profit & cost
- Prepare profitability reporting and KPI performance packages with commentary
- Combine your budgeting, forecasting and management accounting skills to implement strategies for the next 12 months.
The Successful Applicant
You will ideally be CA or CPA qualified (not essential) with a good balance of commercial analysis experience and technical accounting /reporting experience. An industry background in transport, supply chain or logistics will be highly preferred though not essential. An ability to partner with senior stakeholders will be absolutely vital. You will need to be a proactive individual with an eye for detail and the ability to identify opportunities. You will be a people focused person who enjoys getting involved and learning about the wider business.
What's on Offer
- $50 - $70/hr + Kiwisaver + 8% Holiday pay, negotiated based on experience and suitability for the role
- Realistic opportunity for the temporary position to turn permanent
- High profile organisation, market leading operations,
- Fun, dynamic team.
- Great onward career opportunities within the wider business.