A significant leadership role within a Market Leader
Fantastic opportunity do drive Commercial and Operational Improvements
About Our Client
Kepak is a family-owned, future-facing food manufacturing business. Founded in 1966. Since then, Kepak has grown significantly to an internationally operating, multi-faceted food innovator with over 5,000 people , across 43 countries . Kepak is partnering with over 28,000 farms and farming families through fair trade, knowledge transfer and sustainability initiatives that will safeguard land and communities, long into the future and are leaders in Agricultural Sustainability projects. Following a series of highly successful acquisitions in it's history, in 2017, Kepak made a highly strategic acquisition of a large UK Red Meat company that has further strengthened the Group's key customer supply chain partnership while providing key advantages for the business across the UK and Europe post-Brexit.
As the Site Director of one of Kepak's key sites in the UK, based in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, you will lead and manage a high performing team of experienced industry professionals across a significant site that employs over 800 members and growing. You will ensure the Site operates to the highest standards and delivers in a manner that exceeds customer expectations at all levels. The Site Director, will be a lean thinker and process driven with a hands-on approach to achieving success within a cooperative culture.
- Provide leadership and direction to colleagues within the Site and develop an effective Site Management team that creates a thriving profitable and safe place to work.
- Oversee all aspects of the day to day management of the team to optimise the performance of the Site, translating business goals into departmental and individual objectives across the team.
- Leading all activities within the Site in regards to compliance with corporate, customer and other regulatory requirements, ensuring that the site is audit ready at all times, protecting the Kepak brand.
- Implement Group process, controls and reporting within the site, ensuring that activities within the Site are planned and executed to meet the business and customer needs.
- Talent development and recruitment in line with business needs and site recruitment plan
- Become the face of Kepak in the community and wider locality, through promotion of a positive engagement of community stakeholders (neighbours, authorities & staff)
The Successful Applicant
As the successful Site Director, you will be happy to be based within 1 hour commuting distance of the Site in South Wales, and possess a successful track record of Senior Site Management of a major site (circa 400+), ideally gained within the protein (meat) industry or similar FMCG organisations.
You will be well versed in the understanding of all site functions including Logistics, Supply chain, Engineering, Finance and HR.
You will be highly motivated with a passion for driving Operational Change and have the ability to lead projects from idea to completion. A Lean Six Sigma qualification would be of benefit, coupled with a strong commercial awareness and a passion for operational change and business improvement.
It is also important that the Site Director has hands on experience of working collaboratively to ensure an industry leading operation.
What's on Offer
Highly Competitive Six Figure Remuneration