Senior Operations Manager
Utlise your leadership and strategic operational abilities
A rare senior opportunity with a well recognised global company
About Our Client
A local and international leader in Technology distribution and are increasingly moving towards a solutions based model of business. They pride themselves on being trusted by their customers to have the expertise and resources to help them define and push the boundaries of what's possible. The company's values encompass Efficiency, People, Innovation and Celebration (EPIC)
The primary focus of the role as the Senior Operations Manager will be to oversee the distribution 3PL business model , along with managing and improving the solutions and service model of the 3PL business. This position is one that will be positioned towards continually seeking to improve the current models of business and acting on and implementing these improvements. The core responsibilities of this role span across;
- Analyse statistics from operational areas in order to act on present and future needs of the business
- Work alongside other key stakeholders within the business in respect to planning resourcing and capital requirements through industry bench-marked practices and techniques
- Manage monthly operations and examine financial data statements to improve profitability
- Work closely alongside the Senior Management team to identify, conceptualise and implement process improvements and reduce costs
- Drive performance of the team whilst supporting their growth and development in terms of interpersonal and technical ability.
- Plan, examine and analyse the operational side of the business in respect to Safety Standards
- Work with a close knit Senior Leadership team with a down to earth culture
- Coach, lead and mentor the management team working for you from the front.
- Successful roll-out of new projects and client satisfaction with regards to on-boarding of new customers and satisfaction of current customers in the warehouse
The Successful Applicant
This role is vital to the growth of the distribution business and requires a professional who is well versed with a solution based model of business.
To be considered, you will hold the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous experience managing a 3PL business model along with a service based business model
- Have a passion for people, leadership and creating a positive work environment
- Experience dealing with budgeting, cost reductions and P&L
- The ability to strategically identify problems and limitations
- Demonstrated ability to act as a catalyst for positive change, teamwork and client/customer service
- Experience having dealt with and met high customer SLA's
- Prior experience working within a 5S/Lean environment
- Someone who is innovative and can anticipate customer requirements
What's on Offer
This is a rare opportunity to work with a leading multinational company in a role where you will have the autonomy to shape the role and make it your own. This position is one where you can make a large impact on the company and the team whilst remaining challenged and engaged. No two days are the same and you are able to make changes where you see a downfall in the process. Remuneration will align with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. The location of the warehouse is in South Auckland.