Senior HR Advisor - Contract
Confidential 3 month contract role
Iconic retail brand
About Our Client
Our client is a leading and iconic retailer. Due to their strong market presence they have positioned themselves for growth in 2017. They are committed to providing training and development opportunities and a unique workplace culture that nurtures and supports its employees.With an impressive history and market leading business offering, this presents an exciting opportunity to join this iconic business.
Recruitment & selection:
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the recruitment and selection process of all employees within your portfolio.
- Offer high quality and responsive Employment Relations Advice to managers within your NZ Retail Network portfolio ensuring compliance with all legislation and best practice.
Performance Management and Development:
- Advise Managers on implementation and management of Performance Improvement Plans and Performance Management issues
- Running of reports and collation of data as required for ER, People & Performance Manager and Group HR.
General HR Administration:
- Prepare accurate Individual Employment Agreements for store and head office staff.
- Prepare Employee Letters and Correspondence for matters e.g. Jury Service/Confirmation of Employment and Salary (ATO Purposes)/Acceptance of resignation letters.
- Update and maintenance of the Company Intranet's HR section.
- Maintain all personnel records for staff including loss prevention, inductions and training, contracts and amendments, OHS and reviews.
- Advise payroll and IS of employee changes in location, salary or position.
- Company Policies & Procedures
- Adhere to Occupational, Health and Safety requirements.
- Proactively ensure personal work practices are safe; ensuring risk of harm to yourself or others by your actions is eliminated.
- Follow safety rules related to the general office area including around keeping workstation clean and tidy and hazard free.
- Follow safety practices relating to the stock room and stock control, ensuring safe manual handling techniques are followed.
- Follow safety rules related to the Distribution centre when entering or travelling through the Distribution work area/forklift operation areas.
The Successful Applicant
This role demands previous experience within recruitment and ER along with:
- Either tertiary qualifications in the HRM or related fields, or relevant work experience
- End to end recruitment exposure
- Sound interpretation of NZ employment law and modern awards
- Demonstrated experience in HR/Recruitment best practice
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and applications
- Experience providing support to a range of people including managers
- Experience in the provision of well researched advice
- Experience translating complex policies, procedures and decisions into easily understandable information
- The ability to interpret and apply employment law requirements, legislation and policy
- A proven ability to plan, finish and achieve high quality results
- Experience managing a busy and dynamic workload and achieving deadlines
- Experience in building robust relationships
- Ability to work well under pressure with high level of accuracy
What's on Offer
- Contract role within a high volume fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to expand on your existing HR experience
- Ad an iconic retail brand to your CV