Senior Brand Manager
New role - the team is growing!
Truly global SBM role
About Our Client
My client is a leading name across New Zealand and has a reputation of producing quality products throughout the world.
This SBM role is to develop and manage one of the leading brands on a global basis. This will involve day-to-day running of the brand as well as development and implementation of strategy to accelerate growth of the brand.
- Develop the 7-10 year global brand plan, working with the Marketing Manager and Global Commercial Sales Manager and NZ Commercial Planning Manager.
- Develop, monitor and maintain the brand guidelines and brand assets and work with the in-market teams to implement, ensuring adherence across all markets for consistency.
- Identify, develop and maintain the core promotional brand elements for the brand, including packaging development, sponsorship and promotional frameworks, merchandise and sampling guides for in market teams to source and activate.
- Provide guidance and work with the export and in market teams, using market planning tools to set objectives and develop integrated marketing activation plans aligned to the brand plan to maximise sales and ROI of promotional spend.
- Support the in-market teams to deliver post promotional campaign/activity evaluations to review effectiveness and sales impact.
- Manage the day to day running of the brand by monitoring all elements of the marketing mix, recommend strategies or tactical activity to support sales budget delivery.
Market & Category Insight
- Identify, collate and utilise in the development of marketing strategies industry, market and category data and insights across key markets.
- Review industry publications, market and category data/reports compiling key insights and interpreting to validate and shape brand plans.
- Collate, review & update category and market data to determine brand performance - including sales and distribution levels
- Review pricing audit and competitive intelligence for the category from key markets to support reporting, planning and brand development.
- Identify insight gaps, compile briefs and agree methodologies for achieving understanding. Interpret and incorporate identified insights into the validation and development of plans.
- Develop and maintain the global communication strategy for the brand, ensuring alignment with the brand strategy and positioning.
- Develop and manage the global toolkit including packaging design and materials to execute the communications strategy.
- Guide the regional in market teams to develop communication campaigns (and media plans where required) and integrated activation plans to execute the communication strategy, building brand awareness and achievement of sales targets.
- Develop and manage the global digital strategy, including the development of website KPIs, framework and content structure. Provide quarterly analytics to measure performance against KPIs.
- Manage and develop the Social Media platforms for the brand, including defining and maintaining content calendars, and developing branded content for execution across the regional platforms. Provide reporting to outlining performance.
- Guide and support the regional in market teams to develop the market brand digital platforms.
- Manage SEO and SEM, and user generated content agencies to maximise traffic and engagement across the portfolio of brands digital eco systems.
- Stay informed and provide updates to the wider Marketing team of digital marketing innovations and developments, considering and communicating how these could have application for the produce category.
- Work with Corporate Communications to ensure all key audiences (internal and external) are informed of brand developments in a timely manner.
- Provide brand updates and information as required for business reporting.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop the annual global and regional brand marketing budgets.
- Work with the regional marketing managers to ensure their brand marketing budgets are spent effectively to deliver against brand and sales objectives.
- Manage, track and report on the marketing budget for the brand.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this SBM role will either currently be a Senior Brand Manager or be in a Brand Management position and have the ability to step up and take on further responsibility. FMCG experience is essential.
This role has a large element of digital responsibility so you will need to have strong experience in digital marketing strategy, analysis and application.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, have the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders, and be able to influence and negotiate.
Candidates must have a legal right to work in New Zealand.
What's on Offer
Great package for the right candidate.