Minimum 3 - 6 months initial contract
Great career options to progress within the business
About Our Client
Our client is a market-leading supply chain & logistics provider with a dominating presence in New Zealand. The strong business brand has had a long history of partnering with some of the country's top businesses across multiple industries. The CFO is in the process of building a high-performing team and is currently seeking an up & coming Financial Accountant or Senior Assistant Accountant to join the business. You will play an integral role in their tight-knit Finance team, with the scope to get involved with the more commercial aspects of the business as your career grows with the organisation.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager & CFO, as well as key non-financial stakeholders, this role will oversee daily and month-end reporting as well as management reporting. You will be hands-on and get involved with billing and general ledger reconciliation, with the support of the wider AP/AR/Admin team.
While the role will initially focus on financial accounting, for the right candidate the team will provide the support for this person to get involved in more commercial and analytical tasks. A well planned out career progression path is in place for the right person to grow to more senior positions within the team.
The Successful Applicant
A Senior Assistant Accountant or an experienced Financial Accountant, with a strong track record of timely coordination of month-end processes in large corporates, will excel in this role.
- CA or CPA qualification would be ideal though not must. A high level of technical accounting experience will be necessary
- You will need to demonstrate proactivity and a strong drive to grow your career
- Collaborative team approach within the finance team and externally with other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
- $30 - $35/hr + 3 % Kiwisaver + 8% Holiday Pay
- Approximately $70,000 for the permanent position, negotiable based on experience
- Realistic opportunity for the temporary position to turn permanent. Fantastic career opportunities within the wider group.
- Well-known organisation with a strong reputation, great success story
- Supportive team that will offer learning, development and career progression