Regulatory Reporting Manager
Potential to transit into a permanent position in Jan 2018
Get involved with IFRS implementation project
About Our Client
Within the Finance function, the regulatory reporting sub-function is dedicated to supporting the bank to actively manage local and global reporting requirements. The finance team partners with the global and local businesses to identify the bank's IFRS reporting requirements and ensure they have the right controls in place to mitigate any risks. My client is currently looking for an experienced professional in the role of regulatory reporting manager.
Reporting into the Financial Controller and working as part of the larger regulatory reporting team this role has primary responsibility for execution of quarterly Disclosure Statement, monthly standard statistical return, monthly risk reporting, quarterly international investment return, annual return and annual IFRS financial statements and reports. It also involves the review of the annual Unit Trust financial statements and feedback to the external parties as well as being responsible for ensuring a professional and open relationship with external audit and regulators.
You will manage and develop local regulatory reporting, policies and transactional activities as well as delivery of all local reporting within New Zealand and ensure the delivery of statutory requirements to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) and Statistics New Zealand.
The role is highly integrated and connected to the wider Finance team including other MI, Tax, Product Control, Asset Liability and Capital Management and Finance Systems Infrastructure and Controls.
The Successful Applicant
- CA qualified.
- Strong technical knowledge in IFRS and NZGAAP.
- A high level of professional competence.
- Proven ability in the developing solutions around financial and management reporting, controls and quality assurance.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management is key at both senior executive level and business colleagues.
- Strong analytical, management, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills together with the confidence to present.
What's on Offer
- $50 - $55/hr + 3% Kiwisaver + 8% holiday pay, negotiated based on experience
- Realistic opportunity for the temporary position to turn permanent
- CBD location, premium office environment
Fantastic opportunity to join this global bank in a role that offers long term career development along side a dynamic and fast paced work environment and high performing team.