Highly Visible Production Supervisory Role
Market Leading business, challenging, fast paced, autonomous role
About Our Client
Metro Performance Glass are the clear market leaders in their sector and continue to grow and diversify into new markets and technologies. Metro's advanced technology and people are the backbones to their reputation for flexible delivery and the ability to produce both mass volumes and bespoke project orders. As Metro Performance Glass continue on their journey of Continuous Improvement and LEAN Manufacturing now is the time to join this phenomenally agile and fast-paced business
With an extensive understanding of LEAN manufacturing and people leadership skills you will be responsible for delivering the highest DIFOT levels and ensuring workplace safety is of paramount focus.
The position will be either on a night shift (4.30 pm - 2.30am) or on a 4x4 day rotation (4 am - 4.30pm). Your key responsibilities will include:
* Management of the team of 10 - 12 operators in the production facility with a key focus on Quality Control and Health & Safety.
* Monitoring production targets & driving performance ensuring a continuous improvement approach at all times.
* Planning, organising and coordinating the labour required to complete all production tasks in line with the budget. Your team will strive to improve the overall production efficiencies and yields on site
* Motivating and training the team to ensure the department is performing in line with the business requirement. You will lead and manage a commitment to zero harm by building a strong Health and Safety culture across the team and maintaining high standards in accordance with company guidelines
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven Production Supervisory professional with previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Additionally, you will possess the following skills and experiences:
* Be an experienced Production Supervisor / Team Leader within the building materials, chemicals or other materials processing business. Individuals from complex food and packaging background will also be considered.
* You will a have trade or industry certificate in Glass, Manufacturing or Process Work, or a tertiary qualification in mechanical or process engineering. A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a high volume production environment with a good understanding of LEAN, 5S etc will also be considered. You will possess a good mechanical understanding of running automated lines, ERP, production control systems and strong computer and presentation skills.
* You will be a dynamic Supervisor, a problem solver that looks to enhance operations, develop teams and innovate.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary will be on offer to the successful candidate.