Production Manager- Nights
Highly Visible Production Leadership Role
Market Leading business, challenging, fast paced, autonomous role
About Our Client
Metro Glass are the clear market leader within their sector and continue to grow and diversify into new markets and add new processes to their offering. Metro's advanced technology and people are the reason for their reputation based around flexible delivery and the ability to produce both mass volumes and bespoke project orders. As Metro Performance Glass continue on their journey of continuous improvement and LEAN Manufacturing now is the time to join this phenomenally agile and fast paced business!
Reporting to the Plant Manager the Production Manager (Nights) will be responsible for leading and developing a high performance, safety culture on site with a focus on ensuring exemplary DIFOT Levels and lowest cost production without impact on quality. Your remit will span the night shift running 16:00- 02:00 5 days a week and cover:
Operations & Production
- Management of the night shift operation and team of 4-8 Supervisors and the staff of 30 + skilled operators
- Responsibility for all reporting against (and analysis of) production, plant capacity and the operations budget
- Ensuring a full TPM maintenance schedule is devised and implemented (and adhered to); ensuring maximum equipment performance and minimised downtime
- You will drive first class relationships across the business and ensure the cost of production is minimised, DIFOT is over achieved and waste is eliminated
- You will focus on creating a strong, dynamic, engaged and flexible work force via targeted training and development run in conjunction with the Plant and HR Team
Safety & Compliance
- Drive a zero harm, working safe directive on the shop floor with all staff adhering to all health and safety policies. You will lead root cause analysis into failures and ensure corrective actions are devised. You will ensure all company equipment and premises are clean and tidy with any potential hazards being identified and eliminated in a swift manner.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a proven Production/ Shift/ Manufacturing/ Operations or Plant Manager. In order to autonomously lead the night shift operation your skills and experiences will cover the below:
- In depth understanding of advanced manufacturing principles and processes with particular expertise around process engineering, waste elimination and LEAN Manufacturing. You will have proven experience in leading production operations from a volume processing, building materials, metals or potentially a multi SKU, complex food site.
- Preferably you will hold a Tertiary qualification in mechanical, process or another relevant subject
- Above all your attitude and approach to work will be key. You will be dynamic and quick regards problem solving, you will be firm but fair with your staff and always look to challenge the status quo, your highly analytical yet practical nature will allow you to change the way operations work.
What's on Offer
A market leading salary commensurate to a position of this type. Medical insurance, staff purchasing privileges as well as discounts at a range of retail outlets.