Production Manager- 4 ON 4 OFF (04:00- 16:30)
Highly Visible Production Leadership Role
Leading business, challenging, fast paced, autonomous role
About Our Client
Metro Glass are the clear market leader within their sector and continue to grow and diversify into new markets and technologies. Metro's advanced technology and people are the backbone to their reputation for flexible delivery and the ability to produce both mass volumes and bespoke project orders. As Metro Performance Glass continue on their journey of continuous improvement and LEAN Manufacturing now is the time to join this phenomenally agile and fast paced business.
You will be responsible for leading, managing and developing a high performance culture on site with a focus on ensuring exemplary DIFOT Levels are achieved at lowest cost without impact on quality. Specifically your remit will cover:
Operations & Production
- Management of the production operation and team of 4-8 Supervisors and the staff of 60 + skilled operators with responsibility for all reporting (and analysis) of production, plant capacity and the operations budget
- Ensuring a full TPM maintenance schedule is devised and implemented (and adhered to; ensuring maximum equipment performance and minimised downtime)
- You will drive first class relationships across the business and ensure the cost of production is minimised, DIFOT is over achieved and waste is eliminated
- You will focus on creating a strong, dynamic, engaged and flexible work force via targeted training and development run in conjunction with the Plant and HR Team
Safety & Compliance
- Drive a zero harm, working safe directive on the shop floor with all staff adhering to all health and safety policies. You will lead root cause analysis into failures and ensure corrective actions are devised
- Ensure all company equipment and premises are clean and tidy with any potential hazards being identified and eliminated in a swift manner.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful you will be a proven Production/ Shift/ Cell/ Manufacturing/ Operations or Plant Manager. You will be happy to work on a rotating days shift basis and your skills and experiences will cover the below:
- In depth understanding of advanced manufacturing principles and processes with particular expertise around process engineering, waste elimination and LEAN Manufacturing. This will be gained from leading a production operation within a materials, building product, volume processing or complex FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Above all your attitude and approach to work will be key. Preferably you will hold a Tertiary qualification in mechanical, process or another relevant subject but you will be a dynamic, quick problem solver. You will be firm but fair with your staff and always look to challenge the status quo. Your highly analytical yet practical nature will allow you to change the way and improve how operations work
What's on Offer
A market leading salary commensurate to a position of this type, staff buying privileges, medical insurance and discounts at a range of retail outlets