Plant Operations Manager
Autonomous Site Leadership role for the market Leader in Performance Glass
Challenging, fast paced, huge levels of investment
About Our Client
Metro Glass are the clear market leader within their sector and continue to grow and diversify into new markets and technologies. Metro's advanced technology and people are the backbone to their reputation for flexible delivery and the ability to produce both mass volumes and bespoke project orders. As Metro Performance Glass continue on their journey of continuous improvement and LEAN Manufacturing now is the time to join this phenomenally agile and fast paced business!
The Wellington Operations Manager will hold site responsibility with a focus on continuous improvement and producing at lowest cost with the highest levels of DIFOT possible. In particular you will:
- Lead and direct the 4-8 Line Managers on site effectively managing the planning, production, engineering, stores and outbound functions of the facility. (Totalling 80 + staff)
- Plan future manufacturing programs to obtain maximum value from production resources (machinery and labour) whilst leading and directing TPM engineering activities to maximise machinery efficiencies. Your teams will monitor site procurement to reduce wasted spend.
- Monitoring, reporting against, analysing and improving all performance metrics, reviewing operations and bottle necks at all times with the desire to maximise DIFOT with minimised waste.
- Lead and develop (in partnership with HR) all site training and recruitment with a focus on safe working. Your focus will be on building and developing a Zero Harm, safety first based site ethos with a genuine commitment to building Health and safety into day to day operations
- Ensure all inbound goods and outward distribution is delivered On time in full on schedule to a variety of both B2B and B2C customers
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in applying for this role you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Be a proven Plant/ Site/ Operations/ Manufacturing Manager with your experience being gained from a high volume processing sector. Ideally you will have worked within a building materials, chemicals or other materials processing business but complex food and packaging backgrounds will also be considered.
- You will ideally hold a Tertiary qualification but will certainly hold a detailed knowledge, understanding and have implemented LEAN Manufacturing techniques, tools and principles.
- Your previous Operations Management position within manufacturing will have held high level exposure to budgets and cover full site operations from planning to outbound distribution.
You will be dynamic in your approach to manufacturing and people management, your strong decision making and leadership skills will be complemented by your quick approach to problem solving and root cause analysis of data metrics, you will thrive working to tight and changing timescales and fluctuating order priorities
What's on Offer
A market leading salary commensurate to a role of this seniority as well as health insurance, staff buying privileges and discounts at a range of retail outlets.