Medical Sales Representative - Medicinal Cannabis
Highly Reputable Global Leader in Medical Cannabis Research
Exciting Opportunity To Be Involved In an Innovative Area of Medicine
About Our Client
Tilray is a multinational company that prides itself on a patient focused approach and being the first GMP-certified medical cannabis producer to supply cannabis flower and extract products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, Governments and researchers globally. The company strives to take an ethical stance towards ensuring consistent produce and quality standards are delivered to customers in line with guidelines.
The continuous international success of the company has led to further exciting growth into the ANZ market in a rapidly growing area of healthcare. Their thriving environment coupled with their strong reputation has led to a fantastic opportunity to join the organisation as a Medical Sales Representative in Auckland.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, you will be calling on a variety of customers including GPs and aligned specialists (Pain Specialists, Neurologists, Oncologists etc.) in Auckland as well as other locations with potential business, such as Wellington and Christchurch. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Organise & develop a strategy to focus on generating leads to maximise business opportunities through day-to-day cold-calling and meetings with target and prospect medical practitioners
- Meeting and exceeding set business targets through effective management of your designated territory
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with GPs and Specialists to increase awareness of medical cannabis and the associated patient benefits
- Organise 'lunch and learn' appointments for associated target customers making them aware of the Tilray brand and the company's patient offerings
- Deliver monthly presentations to medical practitioners (e.g. conference, lunches, dinner meetings)
- Attend and represent Tilray at appropriate event conferences (these may be outside of territory)
- Attend company meetings, teleconferences, as required
- As applicable and after gauging a medical practitioner's base knowledge, provide educational information on authorising medical cannabis, potential benefits of medical cannabis, the need for medical cannabis for appropriate patients
- Maintain reports and records within CRM platforms and other formats such as call reports capturing results (maintaining database of physicians), record competitor activity and strategies in call log and update medical practitioner list with new accounts of opportunity
- Accurately complete daily and weekly administrative tasks such as maintaining medical practitioner profiles, keeping detailed records of contacts/leads, completing the medical practitioner checklist form and couriering all approved medical practitioner documentation to head office, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- When working with a medical practitioner validate that the medical practitioner is appropriately registered and entitled under the NZ jurisdiction.
- Be conversant with the appropriate local governing bodies and remain current on all aspects of medical cannabis
- Ensure compliance with advertising parameters for narcotics as well as any additional guidance provided by the relevant authority
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly driven and commercial professional with an aptitude and passion for sales and a strong aspiration for new challenges. The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (ideally a Business or Science Degree)
- Strong experience selling to GPs/Specialists (those who have worked within the pain management, neurology, oncology space will be highly regarded)
- A passion for how medical cannabis can improve the lives of patients.
- Strong communication, sales and presentation skills
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and highly driven to meet goals and deadlines
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with medical practitioners
- Self-motivated with an ability to work individually and as part of a team, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- A high level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel both nationally and internationally
- Must have the proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications (preference given to experience with customer relationship management software).
What's on Offer
The successful individual will be part of a highly collaborative community and have the opportunity to work with a leading global research-based medical company within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The company offers the successful individual the opportunity to progress their career in a rapidly growing area of medicine as well as being an integral influence on bettering patient lives.