Mid-Level Marketing Manager
Leading Name Across New Zealand
About Our Client
My client is a leading name within Financial Services, being one of the leaders in their category as well having a reputation for being innovative and constantly improving services and products for their customers.
The role of Marketing Manager will include the following:
- Design and execute customer communications across all touchpoints - Digital, Communications, Product, Frontline, Social and PR, along with supporting processes. This includes day-to-day, legal/compliance, direct communications and collateral to customers.
- Use the Marketing funnel to identify 'best fit' opportunities, converged media approach and customer-centric communications.
- Lead and demonstrate customer experience mapping using design methodologies, along with accountability for the following components:
- Multi Channel integration
- Cross organisational coordination and influence
- Channel Access
- Function and feature prioritization
- Intuitive usage
- Sales process
- Customer Focus
- Build external and internal stakeholder relationships (including partnerships with Design, Advertising and Media Agencies). Develops and nourishes a strong and effective relationship with the team (including senior management and the executive team), along with key members in Digital Channels, Product, Innovation and Design, Strategy and Insights, Technology and other relevant Subject Matter Experts. Be seen as a key influencer across the organisation for customer experiences.
- Be responsible for the sustainable achievement of objectives for Marketing, including profitable growth and engagement targets, along with any other relevant team objectives.
- Spend at least 10% of your time with Frontline Teams and Customers to develop intuition and a deep sense of empathy for the people you are designing experiences for.
- Build and present business cases (where required) and prioritise key initiatives. Formulate strategies and roadmaps for phased initiatives.
- Coach, support and advise the Marketing Assistant on completion of their day to day functions.
- Effective management of the relevant Marketing budget.
- Management of multiple work streams and priorities.
- "Ambidextrous thinking" - using both creative and analytical skills simultaneously to develop the best customer experiences that are supported by solid customer value propositions and business rationale.
- Risk Management - ensure that processes and policies are in place to identify, manage and mitigate risk. Manage governance and controls process around necessary content related business and legal approvals.
The Successful Applicant
For the role of Marketing Manager, my client is looking for candidates with the following:
- Appreciation of Marketing, Digital Communications and Data-driven Communications.
- Lead and work with a collaborative, multifunctional Team with good People Management Expertise - ability to build relationships and influence across functional lines, the front line and our customers.
- A thirst for continuous learning for yourself and wider members of the Marketing Team.
- Analytical Abilities - both strategic and numerical
- A desire and drive for results - specifically working with the Wealth Team to set, meet and exceed engagement, profitable growth and other relevant targets. The targets should be consistent with those assigned to the team.
- Design, Marketing, Data & Digital systems
- Project Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication - able to translate complex information into appropriate forms to disseminate to team and to influence others.
- Ability to present.
- Proven ability to execute quality output under tight timeframes.
- Strategic thinking.
- Knowledge and application of experience design principles, including customer journey mapping.
- Extensive knowledge of online communities and key success factors for driving results (sales and engagement). This includes appreciation for usability principles, "search" fundamentals as well as "Web 2.0" themes.
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Suite - Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Experience in relevant roles such as service marketing or communications (preferably with digital experience), service experience design, customer strategy, business development, usability, project management
- Process Engineering experience
- Organisational change management experience
Key design thinking attributes required
- Ability to energize others
- Integrative thinking
- T shaped
What's on Offer
Strong remuneration package for level of role.