Manufacturing Design Engineer
Rapidly expanding manufacturer delivering to New Zealand brands
Highly visiblie role reporting directly to the Commercial Manager
About Our Client
DEC Group is an organisation where Innovation and development have been at the forefront of the company's beliefs. Quality of product, competitive value propositions and state of the art technology involved is the key to success as well as unparalleled service and delivery to customers and partners in over 60+ countries. They possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continue to grow with its strategic partners into new markets and capabilities. They are renowned for offering unrivalled experience in dealing with the challenges and innovation required in today's market.
This role sits within the Millennium Plastics Ltd division of the group. Founded in 1999 and boasting state of the art design and manufacturing facilities in the Waikato, Millennium Plastics is a leading manufacturer of specialised plastic products used across Medical, Human and Animal Health industries. Millennium Plastics Ltd have set their sights on being the preferred supplier of technical injection moulded products in Australasia. With increased growth and market opportunities, they are looking for a first class Manufacturing Design Engineer to join their Commercial Team.
Reporting directly into the Commercial Manager as a part of the commercial team of Sales, Project Management and Customer Service, you will be responsible to work with Operations team to deliver new customer tools and products to manufacturing. With a strong attention to detail and a commitment to strong methodology your responsibilities will span:
- Designs custom plastic parts from concept through production in line with the design brief
- Work with tool makers to calculate cost and lead times for tooling and production pieces
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and the project team in developing design solutions and ensuring they meet industry and regulatory standards.
- Conducts various tests to verify and validate design capabilities
- Review technical documents and recommend design modifications
- Proactively identify new customers and product opportunities for development
The Successful Applicant
This is a highly important and visible role within the organisation and requires a proactive candidate with a key focus on project management.
You will hold the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proficient in SolidWorks design software with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in Plastic Injection Moulding and Tool Design
- Experience designing plastics parts and moulds. Prior experience designing medical devices will be preferred.
- A sound knowledge of plastic materials (forming/moulding) in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality.
- Experience managing multiple project from start to finish
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary
- You must have a tertiary qualification in Design or Engineering
What's on Offer
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualification and experience of the successful candidate.