Intermediate Technical Business Analyst
International, Progressive & Enviromentally Friendly
About Our Client
They are a fast moving, friendly & high performing company with a large suite of products aimed at the best to way to utilise water. This business sprung from another large company where the best people wanted to do things even better and created there own enterprise; since then, it has gone from strength to strength, eventually being acquired by a European powerhouse with similar lofty goals: to be more environmentally friendly through better use of resources... to create a better future.
This role is an initial 6 months Fixed Term Engagement that will either extend long term or go permanent if you bring the right aptitude and attitude to the party.
This role is working very closely alongside an experienced Product Manager who will guide you, but you will be expected to pick things up quickly - this is an extremely complex domain to work in so you need to be super smart! It'll be an enjoyable, challenging & steep learning curve.
The role can be broken down into 3 functions:
Analyse and define functional requirements, document, communicate and perform system analysis for allocated software development features. Analyse, Define, Document, Co-ordinate, Identify, Assist.
Assist with software testing and validation, documentation and release processes. Document, Perform, Implement, Serve, Prioritise, Share.
Assist with software development project and support work carried by the project delivery and support teams. Monitor deliverables, perform impact assessments, support deployment, provide tech support, assist in improving the existing software development, project delivery, and customer support test plan templates
The Successful Applicant
▪ Tertiary qualifications in engineering, software engineering, computer science, information technology or the like.
▪ 5 years or more proven experience in defining requirements and communicating these as user stories to software development team.
▪ 2-5 years or more experience in an engineering analysis/support/technical role with appropriate experience in bug identification, analysis, triage and reproduction and coordinating with developers.
▪ Preferably 2 or more years experience in software testing using tools and manual processes.
▪ Preferably 2 or more years experience in field related to industrial control systems, energy market, water or waste water operations, data analytics or IoT.
▪ Extensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle and project management techniques
▪ Self-confident and comfortable dealing with situations involving other people and presenting solutions. Strong written and verbal communication with all levels within company and customer organisations.
▪ Good team player with ability to organise own work, plan ahead and follow efficient working practices.
▪ Responsible and professional approach in meeting important deadlines and being responsive to client requests.
▪ Strong technical writing skills
▪ Strong computer skills including MS Office, Excel, VBA, Share Point, IIS, SQL language, Azure DevOps
▪ High attention to detail, able to follow instructions and detailed technical communications
▪ Ability to manage changes in tasks and direction in a dynamic work environment
▪ Ability to anticipate and act to minimise the probability and impact of risks, errors and issues
▪ Understanding/background in software development .net, C#, SQL Server, Delphi a bonus
▪ Additional language skills (French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese) a bonus
What's on Offer
This is a very rare opportunity to get inside an organisation full of the brightest minds in the utilities sector.
As our world changes, how we utilise resources becomes more and more important. Through proper use of real time data and through intelligent hardware (sensors, probes, smart meters) it is possible to make a very real & measurable difference to how the world uses water.
You can be part of that. It's a super smart team whilst remaining truely Kiwi and down-to-earth.
If this is something that sounds like you'd like to more know more about, give Daniel McNeaney a call on 09 354 8121 or click on "Apply Now" - I would love to give you more information around the role and explain why this is a role unlike it in the market.