Hybrid Sales Specialist
A new and unique market
Rewarding role assisting people's quality of life
About Our Client
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company who are the world leaders in addiction treatment. They have a small New Zealand based team with this newly created role to report in to the Key Account Manager. Working for this company provides you the opportunity to make a real difference for individuals and families and give back their quality of life.
The role involves promoting our clients pharmaceutical product to primary care physicians by:
- creating awareness of opioid prescription dependency
- assisting physicians in identifying patients/clients with opioid prescription dependency
- assisting physicians in treating these patients/clients and liaising to create a smooth transition for patients/clients from primary care to accredited treatment services.
You will promote the drug to addiction specialists and clinicians within the gazetted treatment services in Auckland and Whangarei by:
- fostering greater awareness of the disease state of opioid dependency
- identifying needs and facilitating learning of the benefits of the drug for treatment naïve clients, as well as those who have been treated with methadone
- supporting specialists and clinicians in offering optimal treatment with the drug throughout all stages of the treatment cycle
- translating the needs of primary care physicians to the treatment services, to foster a more cohesive system, whereby clients can be more easily re-integrated into GP-shared care.
You will first seek support from the addictions specialists and other key team members before implementing strategies in primary care and to provide timely feedback to clinicians. To be fully aware of the local District Health Board policies and procedures and to operate in a framework that is cognisant of these.
The role will involve working closely with the Key Account Manager, Marketing, and Clinical and Scientific Affairs to ensure the clinical education and implementation of the drug.
The Successful Applicant
Will ideally have the following:
- Degree qualified in a health related subject.
- Experience as a Medical Representative in the Pharmaceutical industry or related Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare experience.
- Experience or past involvement in the field of drug dependence, pain arena, etc in a similar specialist niche market segment.
- A proven ability to understand and operate within a technically complex therapeutic area.
- Good focused listening skills & excellent communication skills
- Compassionate and non-judgemental attitude towards those within the disease state
What's on Offer
A rewarding salary is on offer, as well as a car allowance and a very competitive bonus. This role will involve very little travel and has the potential for future career progression. Working for this company provides you the opportunity to make a real difference for individuals and families and give back their quality of life.