Head of Sales NZ - Dealer & Business Development
Key role as part of Executive Leadership Team
Strategic sales leadsership role for a BDM team of 7
About Our Client
About the role
Reporting to the MD, the role of the Head of Sales - Dealer & Business Development is to define and execute the new business sales plan in alignment with the business strategy.
The role will cover all aspects of the sales cycle from winning new clients to developing existing and new dealer relationships and ultimately expanding the company's client base.
The role also requires the Head of Sales - Dealer & Business Development to be responsible for originating new Small Medium Enterprise (SME) / Corporate Customers for FleetPartners and deliver Sales programs with vehicle dealers (retail sales) and vehicle manufacturers across New Zealand.
You will use your experience, abilities and ambition to build a high-performance sales culture throughout the business through superior relationships and exceptional sales coaching skills.
- Actively participate as a member of the FleetPartners Leadership Team to assist with the development of company strategy and deliver on strategic plans and business plans.
- Lead and coach the sales team to deliver the sales plan to the dealer network across New Zealand. Develop and evolve new dealer relationships and the dealer network as required.
- Achieve the sales volume and margin budget and originate the targeted levels of SME / corporate customers in-line with budget expectations.
- Assist with the ongoing development of the Dealer Value Proposition (DVP) and Customer Value Proposition (CVP).
- Manage the acquisition of new customers and new relationships. Ensure incremental growth of the leased fleet, maximisation of customer retention, fleet penetration, profitability and high customer satisfaction levels.
- Be actively involved in sales proposals and presentations direct to customers.
- Coach train, mentor, and develop the sales team.
- Develop and execute on a sales business plan and a national Dealer strategy.
- Develop and set sales budgets, goals and KPIs for all Dealer and sales team members.
- Assist with the development of Dealer coaching methodology and a delivery platform for dealer training / coaching.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Dealers and Manufacturers and sell them on FPNZ's value proposition.
- Achieve sales volume, customer unit growth, margin & fees, Dealer and Dealer Salesperson participation targets.
- With the leadership team, contribute to the overall business strategy and agree sales, territory and KPIs.
- Engage with and support all departments as necessary;
- With marketing, define marketing and lead generation strategy and agree sales and marketing event calendar. Measure results and manage. Define, manage and calibrate pricing with market feedback
- Build and continually develop a highly motivated and high performing sales team and ensure all aspects of sales are ethical and in-line with company values.
Key Performance Indicators
- Total revenue ($) growth and sales unit growth and to budget
- Dealer participation and penetration rates as well as sales ($) revenue volume
- Sales profitability measures including margin and fees Sales team activity levels and alignments with sales plan (visits and training #)
- Customer satisfaction (NPS) of Dealers and customers
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience as a national, regional or Pacific Sales Leader or Sales Director, with a proven track record in solution sales business development:
- meeting and exceeding sales targets;
- taking a sales process from plan to close;
- building sales teams;
- positioning products against competitors;
- successfully delivering through both direct and dealer sales models;
- demonstrated experience coaching a high performing team;
- Proven strategic skills in succeeding in developing successful sales strategies aimed at the SME/retail market
- Superior understanding of retail sales environments, introducer Dealer models and their sales dynamics
- Sound financial and credit analysis skills and understanding
- Leadership qualities demonstrated by achievement attained in the last 3 years which relate to the core duties of the role;
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and strategic partners;
- Exceptional listening, negotiation and presentation skills, as well as impeccable verbal and written communications skills;
- Passion for technology and the benefits it can bring to business;
- Track record of successfully delegating responsibility to senior staff, and managing them to attain positive results;
- Thorough knowledge and experience of leasing and the finance industry
- Proven track record in Sales Management and achieving sales results through the delivery of excellent customer service and building valuable and sustainable relationships and networks
- Tertiary qualification or MBA preferred
What's on Offer
- Competetive base salary and bonus
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Free car parking
- Flexible working