Leading Property Company
Management staff experience required
About Our Client
Our client is a leading and international property company. In order to reinforce its team, we are actively looking for a Finance Manager.
As a Finance Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Asset Management. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Branch Functions:
- Prepare monthly cash schedule for Head Office to assist them to produce monthly branch P&L report. Provide support and answers to questions from Head Office.
- Report on results for Asset Managers on deliverables and KPIs. Track and create reports for Asset Manager's review each quarter with Head of Asset Management.
- Initialise monthly client charging for the portfolio of properties for the branch. Invoice clients for consultation work and adhoc recharges. Monitor activity on the portfolio and update client charging templates for the branch.
- Receipt client payments to the branch and remit cash to head office. Review branch debtors to maintain it to an acceptable level and take appropriate actions where necessary.
- Maintain and manage Company's AP systems (Payables & Flexipurchase) to setup and enter monthly branch creditors for payment.
- Be the point of contact for all branch related accounts and administration queries.
- Develop and maintain financial models and costing for the branch, ratios for business performance and support the Head of Asset Management on management reporting.
- Staff & Process Management:
- Manage and support 3 staff which includes 1x Finance Manager, 1x Accounts Payable, 1x Accounts Admin.
- Provide oversight and take responsibility of all accounting functions of the branch.
- Identify areas of improvement to provide support and guidance to staff on best practise.
- Create standard operating procedures for all accounting duties and coach staff.
- Develop standard processes for each staff member and implement changes where required.
- Manage the team's workload and provide help with database updates, lease renewals, receipting, bank reconciliations, OPEX wash-ups, etc.
- Manage tasks and duties within the team and share responsibilities as suited to business needs.
- Conduct regular team meetings, provide regular feedback and updates.
- Develop a semi-annual review system for staff.
- Manage staff queries and leave requests.
- Portfolio Management:
- Create and manage a smooth on-boarding and release process for properties.
- Review current processes (eg: lease renewals) for the accounts team and provide suggestions on best practise.
- Monitor activity on the portfolio and update the database as required.
- Take on full processing and reporting functions for the Net Rent & Body Corporate clients. This includes charging of all rents & levies, receipting of funds, payment of creditor invoices, updating client rental & levy charges, bank reconciliations, payroll, provide monthly client reports for Net Rents and AGM financials for Body Corporates.
- Provide cash flow reports to Net Rent owners, answers to queries on any variances and provide report to client's accountants as required on an adhoc basis.
- Setup a sample property for new clients.
- Assist and train Asset Managers on loading budget for their portfolios in software.
- Develop a training plan for new Asset Managers on using of the property management software system and on the accounts processes.
- Drive the annual OPEX wash up process with each Asset Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Accredited Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting
- At least five years' experience as an accountant
- Staff management experience
- Knowledge of accounting systems and practices
- Property experiences an advantage
- Have a high standard of personal presentation and decorum
- Able to respond to change in a positive manner
- The ability to maintain confidential resources and information that pertains to the business
- Have a positive 'can-do' attitude
- A willingness to learn additional skills to undertake further opportunities
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in a leading company