Take the lead and head up a financial reporting team
Great career options with a fantastic business, strong temp to perm potential
About Our Client
Our client is a market-leading supply chain & transport provider with a dominating presence in New Zealand. The strong business brand has had a long history of partnering with some of the country's top businesses across multiple industries. The CFO is in the process of building a high-performing team and is currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join the business. You will play an integral role in their tight-knit Finance team, with the scope to get involved with the more commercial aspects of the business as your career grows with the organisation.
Reporting to CFO, this role will lead a technical accounting team and oversee daily and month-end reporting including. You will have a team consisting of Financial Accountant, Assistant Accountants and Administrative Staff to support you in this role. You will work closely with the CFO and contribute to the strategic direction of the business. In addition, you will have the opportunity to add further value through improving reporting and processes as the business continues through a rapid growth phase.
While the role will initially focus on financial accounting, for the right candidate the team will provide the support for this person to get involved with more commercial and analytical aspects in the business
The Successful Applicant
A Senior Financial Accountant or an experience Finance Manager with a strong track record in technical reporting roles will be excellent for this role.
- CA or CPA qualification would be ideal though not a must. A high level of technical accounting experience will be necessary
- You will need to demonstrate proactivity coupled with an eye for improvement
- Previous team management skills would be highly advantageous but not absolutely essential
- Collaborative team approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
What's on Offer
- $45 - $55/hr + 3 % Kiwisaver + 8% Holiday Pay
- $100,000 - $120,000 for the permanent position, negotiable based on experience
- Realistic opportunity for the temporary position to turn permanent. Fantastic career opportunities within the wider group.
- Well-known organisation with a strong reputation, great success story
- Supportive team with great culture