Partner closely with Sales & Marketing
CA/CPA/CMA qualification essential
About Our Client
Our client is a leading FMCG with a variety of household names, products and brands. New Zealand is an important strategic location for the business and the finance function here is very commercially focused. They are a brand associated with creativity and have marketing and brand presence which positions them top of mind for millions of consumers. They invest heavily in their people and have developed a strong talent pool so they can promote from within and consider employees for offshore opportunities.
Reporting to a Commercial Manager the key focus of this role is to work in partnership with the NZ Sales & Marketing teams to provide financial support and evaluation to drive profitable top line growth at customer and brand levels. This includes:
- Proactively support the sales team in weekly performance updates of short term movements
- Financials analysis and monthly commentary on performance with the support of Price/Vol/Mix
- Proactive analysis of any required tradespend movements to ensure adherence to US GAAP
- Supporting the sales team in analysis and commentary on forecasts
- Reviewing the forecast to understand changes in assumptions
- Prepare quarterly forecasts as required and annual budget.
- Provide support to Commercial Manager to prepare strategic plan.
- Support the Category team to develop & maintain the pricing strategy for each category, monitor & recommend changes to maximise business profitability.
- Provide analysis and modeling on pricing options to ensure maximum return.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be CPA/CA qualified with excellent analytical and business modelling skills. Advanced systems knowledge e.g. BI, Excel & SAP is essential as well as a solid understanding of US GAAP. On an interpersonal level you will be a strong communicator with a proven ability to challenge and influence senior stakeholders. Due to the nature of the industry you need to be adaptable to change and forward thinking. Current commercial finance experience within FMCG will be advantages
What's on Offer
- Excellent opportunity to get commercial experience within a leading organisation.
- Long term development opportunities.
- Supportive management.
- Great team environment.