Leadership role in a Global Organisation
Located in Palmerston North manaing the Lower North Island
About Our Client
Our client is the clear market leader within their sector and continues to grow and diversify into new markets. As part of a multi-national group, the company believes people are the backbone to their reputation for flexible delivery and the ability for mass volume project orders. With a focus on people, the company provides opportunities for staff to move up and across functions and companies to increase their transferable skills and acquire broader business experience.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager and indrectly to the sites Service Centre Manager, you will be given the autonomy to perform your role and expected to resolve issues very quickly, treating the functions (and budget) as if it is your own business taking comprehensive ownership. As part of the site's leadership team, you will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the performance of the satellite sites based in Wellington and Hasting
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive a zero harm environment and ensure all health and safety policies are adhered to, taking full ownership to maintain the performance of the plant and production equipment, PMP, Contractors and maintenance activities in the region
- Ensure equipment reliability levels are consistently in line with customer expectations by ensuring manufacturing process can meet agreed production plans and targets
- Hands-on fault finding and initial repair work, evaluation of issues and present/recommend alternatives, liaise with external contractors to perform some of the specialized work, all in an effort to decrease operational downtime and increase the plants' efficiency
- Apply best practice methods to obtain continuous improvement in safety, cost efficiency, product quality and service delivery
The Successful Applicant
This role will have a great appeal to technically sound engineers with an understanding of high volume, FMCG production and manufacturing environments. To be successful in applying for this business critical post you will:
- Ideally have a tertiary level mechanical qualification with a minimum of five years' experience with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and related systems. A good understanding of basic electrical control systems would be a huge benefit.
- Possess a strong background and experience in maintaining automated - conveyor systems, water pressure cleaning systems, and pallet or material handling equipment.
- Experience gained within a sole charge maintenance role where manufacturing activity occurs across a 6 to 7 day 24hr pattern would be a huge benefit.
- Flexibility in working outside of regular working hours is a requirement. Some weekend work is usually required 2-3 times a month which will be compensated with time off in lieu. Typically 4 to 6 hours on one weekend day is regularly worked.
What's on Offer
A market leading salary commensurate with a position of this type, annual incentive scheme, discounted medical insurance and share options. As a part of a global organization, you have unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career with ongoing development.