Management of 1x Assistant Accountant
Fast paced, high performing and entrepreneurial business.
About Our Client
My client carries one of the most prestigious names in New Zealand's property industry. With a $1 billion+ portfolio consisting of some of the most prominent commercial and retail landmarks in the country, this organisation will definitely lay a solid foundation for an accountant with an interest in the property industry. A rare opportunity has surfaced for a corporate accountant to join the team.
- Financial record keeping for all the Auckland based buildings.
- Maintaining the Auckland managed buildings tenancy schedules and associated financial information.
- Monitoring and forecasting the cash flows of the Auckland based entities and reporting on compliance with bank covenants;
- Staff management of an Assistant Accountant
- Ensuring cash, debtors and creditors are updated.
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly management reports to ensure accurate and timely reporting to shareholders;
- Regularly report on project (opex and capital) spend against budgets
- Monitor debtor and payable balances for overdue balances;
- Preparation of monthly management fees calculation and invoicing;
- Maintaining and monitoring financial internal controls and processes;
- Ensuring all building fixed asset registers are detailed and maintained;
- Administration of financial accounting system (MYOB); and
- Contribute to the review of accounting policies to ensure they are compliant with the latest accounting standards.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will be entrepreneurial, social and business minded. You will have a passion for the commercial property industry and possess solid commercial acumen.
- CA/CPA qualified
- Proficient in excel and other Microsoft applications;
- Systems savvy
- Experience or an interest in the property sector;
- Used to working in small teams and contributing in other areas where required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Team Player
What's on Offer
Rare opportunity to join this prestigious business within the commercial property industry and report directly to the GM.
- High performing business and team
- Social, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment