Commercial Analyst - luxury FMCG
Work with large data sets and produce models to reflect analysis and trends
Partner with the sales and marketing team
About Our Client
Our client is a globally renowned luxury FMCG business with a significant presence in New Zealand. The organisation has a large commercial/analytical finance team that could support an up & coming analyst in pursuing a commercial finance career path.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will take charge of analytical reviews for sales, marketing expenditure, operational expenditure, pricing, costing and margin analysis. You will also be accountable for forecast evaluation - comparing forecast to budget and providing trends for forecast valuation meetings.
This position will also support the FC with month-end processes with a view for the right candidate to step up as second-in-charge when the FC is offsite.
The Successful Applicant
This role requires an enthusiastic Analyst with strong commercial and numerical instincts. The ideal candidate will have experience analysing data sets, producing models and turning reports into meaningful information for both financial and non financial stakeholders.
- 2 - 3 years commercial or analytical experience in a medium to large corporate is preferred
- Experience using SAP, Business Object and TM1, along with advanced Excel skills would be ideal
- Self drive, excellent time management and attention to detail are essential to succeed in the role
A passion for the luxury brands industry will definitely be a big bonus. Your interpersonal skills will be valued just as much as your commercial thinking and experience.
What's on Offer
- $30/hr - $40/hr + 3% Kiwisaver + 8% Holiday Pay
- Initial temporary contract while we recruit the permanent position. Opportunity your foot in the door and turn the role permanent for yourself!
- Globally renowned business with a fantastic reputation, definitely a strong brand to add to your CV
- Unique role with great variety in a very interesting business sector. Proper business partnering with various different business lines.
- Strong training and development provided
- Become part of a very supportive team