Chinese Speaking Structural Engineer
Premium luxury high rises - make your mark on Auckland's skyline
Established developer with NZ experience, high profile projects underway
About Our Client
We are exclusively partnered with ShunDi Customs - the New Zealand entity of a prominent overseas investor. They are known for their multi billion dollar developments in the luxury residential high-rise sector. The NZ company launched with a bang, starting with one of the most exciting projects we will see in the next few years - a highly coveted residential tower by the waterfront.
An existing in-house team and a local network of external consultants have been appointed. Since their launch they have geared up and acquired several more exciting projects. They are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to grow with their internal team - this is the career opportunity of a lifetime.
Reporting into the General Manager and Senior Development Manager, The Structural engineer will work closely with the internal team and advise on all structural related areas for several up coming projects - end to end throughout development, construction and delivery. You will also be involved and assist with the Customs St project as necessary.
- Provide technical structural consultation to the GM and DM
- First point of contact for all external structural consultants and engineers - the actual work will be done by an external panel of professionals, you will oversee their work to ensure projects are delivered to expected standards
- The role will depend entirely on your ability and what you can bring to the business. Your responsibilities will increase along with your personal growth.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to fast track their career. Step up to take on a lot more responsibility under the guidance and support of the Director and his team.
Our client values motivation, hard work and most importantly, the enthusiasm to learn. You ability is ranked second to your attitude. The role can be adapted and shaped to the person you are. A career focused approach with a drive to succeed will be key in this position.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualification in Structural Engineering
- Ideally 5+ years in a similar role - both client-side and consultancy experience will be considered
- Capability in spoken Chinese (Mandarin) would be highly preferred but not absolutely essential. You will need to be at professional proficiency for both verbal and written English.
- Relevant experience in a property/building/construction environment
Outside of these core criteria, your interpersonal competencies will account for a large part of our interviewing processes.
What's on Offer
- $100,000 - $120,000 - negotiable depending on experience
- Amazing career opportunity to join an overseas powerhouse
- Fast track your career, directly to a senior leadership role
- Take ownership and directly influence decision making
- CBD prime office location
- Make your mark on the Auckland skyline. Be at the front line of the most exciting projects in the country for the next few years